Arup´s Danish office opened in 2012, working on the Cityringen Metro in Copenhagen. It is a growing office of 60+ staff, a mix of both Danish and other nationalities, working on many exciting projects across Scandinavia and internationally.
The Danish Group offers Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing, Bridge, Geotechnical, Project Management, Highways, Rail, Tunnels and CAD/BIM services, both in Infrastructure and Building projects.
Our strength is the technical excellence we deliver to our clients, and we are committed to staying at the forefront of the industry through the development of our staff. Together with you, we will set a clear career path, ensuring that you develop your skills and we maintain our position as a market leader.
You will play an active role in all stages of our multidisciplinary projects for commercial and public sector clients, including international projects. Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to project BIM Execution Plans including: defining the models making up the federated models, and their demarcation, addressing model & software interfaces, setting levels of clash detection, setting project-wide modelling conventions, defining workflows and timelines and explaining the above to project team members;
- Assisting with the set-up of the project Common Data Environment (CDE);
- Organising and managing the model exchange between disciplines;
- Assessing incoming models for adherence to the project BIM Execution Plan and identifying changes in the models for the rest of the team;
- Carrying out clash detection, reports and managing issues for the wider project team, including the proposal of possible solutions and/or resolving them, based on the Quality Assurance software model;
- Preparing VDRs (virtual design review), driving the model during the VDR and uses the Quality Assurance software model to capture the sessions meeting notes; and
- Resource management for yourself and the wider BIM team.
Your technical and personal competences
We are looking for a talented professional, who is a team player and enjoys working in a vibrant international environment on high profile projects. You are keen on taking on the responsibility for delivering our projects, and you possess the following competences:
- 5+ years of experience in the building design/construction industry and a strong understanding of design phases;
- 3+ years of experience in a BIM role related to Architectural and/or Structural design;
- Degree in Engineering or Architectural, or similar building design profession – would be useful, but not absolutely necessary;
- Proficient in Revit, Solibri, Navisworks;
- Proficient in using Solibri as a Quality Assurance software to set up, coordinate and validate (federated) BIM models;
- Familiarity with multiple disciplines contributing to BIM models on large building projects;
- Knowledge of Grasshopper, Dynamo, Tekla, or other parametric, fabrication or coordination tools, would be useful;
- Experience in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for a fast-paced environment;
- Detail and accuracy oriented with the ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way;
- Interest with future digital technologies and its implementation with BIM;
- Ability to think of big picture implications to individual decisions;
- Has a good understanding of design stages and the level of design development applicable to each stage on building projects;
- Has good communication skills, uses them for team-based working and teaching others; and
- Has excellent oral and written English skills;
- Has working proficiency in written and oral Danish.
Arup is an independent firm of engineers, consultants, designers, planners and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Founded in 1946, Arup is the creative force behind many of the world’s most prominent projects such as the Sydney Opera House, the Birds Nest Stadium in Beijing, Cityringen in Copenhagen, Camp Adventure Tower in Denmark, the Øresunds Bridge, and many key sporting venues of the London Olympics.
Are you interested and would like to know more, please create a profile and apply here: https://jobs.arup.com/jobs/bim-coordinator-3876
Please send your CV and cover letter in English.