Gehl is a purpose driven organization focused on how we can have a constant positive impact on climate action, health and equity through our projects which are centered around urban strategy, mobility, masterplan and landscape design.
Gehl is currently experiencing growth in our design work. We are increasingly guiding complex, multidisciplinary teams through all aspects of masterplanning, from vision to implementation. As trusted advisors to our clients, our obligation is to deliver the best possible quality in all our projects – from the first sketch through to implementation.
The right candidate will lead a team of 10-15 highly talented, ambitious people, who strive towards delivering projects of high quality that create a positive impact in the places where we work. It is the responsibility of the director to constantly develop the talent base in the team to attract new talent and to ensure that existing skills and ongoing projects match.
The director leads a portfolio of masterplanning and landscape design projects within Northern Europe as well as the associated sales effort of bringing in the right projects with the right clients to enable Gehl to constantly develop and create positive change.
You will be part of a management team of directors who lead different business areas within Gehl. Here you will be part of setting the direction for how Gehl should develop.
You report to Managing Director Henriette Vamberg.
A team of BD Leads, Communication, Finance and Operations is ready to guide and support.
You will be based in Copenhagen but will be working on an international portfolio which will require some travel abroad.
- Lead a successful high performing team.
- Drive and develop a portfolio of interesting project work.
- Lead and develop projects in parallel with managing the team.
- Represent Gehl externally to clients, collaborators, external partners, media and the wider public.
- Ensure a positive work culture where team members flourish.
- Help set and fulfil economic targets.
- Develop the masterplanning service area at Gehl, including innovation around methodology, process and implementation.
The candidate must possess the following skill set:
- Educational background as an architect or urban designer.
- Driven by ambition and idealism, but pragmatic and realistic to achieve good outcomes.
- Ability to inspire others and set direction for a team.
- Ability to delegate work to others and provide guidance and effective feedback.
- Good collaboration skills – open, listening, constructive problem solving.
- Good people skills – trustworthy, honest, collaborative.
- Ability to work in a diverse team with diverse clients where cultural sensitivity is important.
- Professional attitude at all levels.
- Fluent in English – spoken and written. German is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years experience.
- Understanding of the masterplanning field.
By joining Gehl, you will be part of …
- A leading global brand within urban design with a focus on making cities for people.
- Making a global impact towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals – specifically focusing on how urban design can promote better outcomes for health, climate action & equity.
- A group of skilled, passionate, highly professional, international and social colleagues based in Copenhagen, New York and San Francisco.
- An inspiring working environment with a culture for sharing and learning.
Details for applying
- Follow the application steps on Homerun and make sure to upload your CV, cover letter and portfolio.
- Salary will be negotiated with the selected applicant.